Monday, October 31, 2011

early American Sally Lunn Bread


I love to learn how our grandmothers baked those great breads and rolls we remember from our childhoods.

This recipe is from my collection of early American remedies and recipes.


Many of the recipes I'll be sharing with you here d
ate back over a hundred years ago.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.  

American Sally Lunn Bread from the 1700's


Lightly flour a mold pan or medium size cake pan and set it aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Then gather these ingredients.
4 cups of Flour
3 Tablespoons of Yeast
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
 Butter the size of an egg
milk

Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, add the butter and eggs, 

mix well then fold in milk until it makes a almost stiff batter.

Cover with a towel and Set the mixture in a warm place to rise and when risen pour into a the lightly floured pan and set to rise again so that it will make a light and fuffy bread.


 Bake at 400 until golden brown.
    

   

I had this article on Ehow who offered to buy it from me. 

I decided I would keep my rights to my articles in order to be able to publish them here for you. 

This article received 4.5 stars with 6 ratings published on ehow: 9-7-08 

a couple of the reviews were:
       Desula said: on 2/8/2009 Thank you for this old-fashioned bread recipe.

soulmates said: 9/10/2008 sound good, I never heard of this before

          
     


Featured Post

Belief Systems

Belief Systems Pain  Management Placebos prove the power of the mind Everything is based on our belief syste...

My Children's Book

My Children's Book
Click Pic to Visit Publishers site